We acknowledge and thank the Snuneymuxw, Quw’utsun and Tla’Amin, on whose traditional lands we study, design, and work.
In celebration of our students’ achievements, Marni Stanley (Dean of Arts and Humanities), Kenneth Chooi (Program Chair and Teaching Professor), and Amanda Hamilton (Interior Designer and Guest Speaker) delivered their messages to the students during the virtual Showcase 2021. We are all so proud of our students and their accomplishments, especially during these challenging times. Congratulations to the VIU Interior Design students! Congratulation to Class 2021!
Messages from the Interior Design faculty members to the students:
Messages from the Interior Design graduating students to faculty:
VIU Interior Design Showcase 2021 would like to thank the following students and faculty members for their dedicated and inspiring work that has enabled the Year-End Showcase to be shared with friends, family, and the industry online.
- Interior Design Student Association Members:
- Tatum Neigum (President; 4th-year member)
- Grace Dominy (Vice-President; 4th-year member)
- Numi Odufeso (Treasurer; 4th-year member)
- Leah Day (Secretary; 4th-year member)
- Emma Benneyworth (1st-year member)
- Spencer Frey (1st-year member)
- Julia Fehr (2nd-year member)
- Zerai Vaughan (2nd-year member)
- Shelley Paulus (3rd-year member)
- Crystal Bell (3rd-year member)
- Liv Ramirez
- Mackenzie Cleaves
- Erica Duguay
- Leon Heimann
- Emily Lore
- Molly Mashford
- Lurana Mcclure
- Sam Minnick
- Chloe Morten
- Sarah Isabela Munson-Rodriguez
- Sarah Oslie
- Sukhpreet Singh
- Victoria Swain
- Alyson Wheeldon
- Juliana Duque Duran
- Marni Stanley (Dean)
- Kenneth Chooi
- Penny Thibault
- Tamara Timbers
- Katarina Litva
- Cimarron Knight
- Chris Carrier
- Evandra Panych
- Shahab Ghandhari
We also would like to express our gratitude to some members of VIU and the interior design community who have supported us to make the VIU Interior Design Showcase 2021 a success.
- Centre for Innovation and Excellence in Learning (CIEL) for providing valuable technical support;
- Brad Harris (Graphic Design Department) for taking the time to meet with our technician and lend his expertise;
- Patrick Foster (Graphic Design Department) for providing guidance;
- Green Point Project and Arcas Media for proving our students with a fundraising opportunity;
- Sonia Furstenau, Dallas Hordichuk, Victoria Drakefordz, and Harold Joe for being panelists in our student fundraiser.
- Sebastian Clovis for helping us to promote our students’ fundraising event;
- Arren Williams for helping us to promote our students’ fundraising event;
- Amanda Hamilton for being the guest speaker at the Showcase 2021 Virtual Event.
The annual showcase is an important event for the students of the Interior Design program and would not be possible each year without the generous donations and support from local sponsors and the support of the interior design community. This year we would like to thank the following supporters for their generosity:
The Bachelor of Interior Design program at VIU is an exciting program that delves into the complex world of the built interior environment. For more information, please visit VIU Interior Design.